Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Mother Road 100 (part 2) Training Plan

This month I plan on bumping up my average mileage from 20-25 miles per week to 30-35miles per week. I am building my base mileage now for endurance training. In a couple months, when I am at 60 miles per week or so, I will start strength training--Lots of hills, heavy weights, etc. Then, closer to the race, I will fine tune my training with speed work. My goal is to peak at a 120 mile week and 60 mile long run. Then taper a week and rest the week of the race with very little running.

5 comments:

Reese said...

I just discovered your blog. I clicked through from the Mother Road message board. I read your entire blog today. As one who runs the trails in the OKC area, I was curious which trail you're speaking of here. "Two miles from the gym is a nice mountain biking trail I like to run on"
Maybe we'll see each other on the trails one day. I am supposed to pace a runner in the MR100.

Rocky said...

I am refering to Bluff Creek. It is right behind lake hefner. 3.25 miles (you can make it 4).

Reese said...

Ok, I run there often. In fact a friend and I ran there Sunday. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. We are running the NuDraper (Draper Lake) trails this Saturday. Do you ever run them?

Rocky said...

I have heard a lot about Draper and want to try it out. Can't you get like 13 miles out there?

Reese said...

Yes, you can get 13 without a second loop. But I am not totally familar with it yet. The OEF
www.okearthbike.com/club.html
has recently redone the trail, for the better, but I haven't figured it all out yet. Bluff is more technical and hilly, but NuDraper is much longer and varied. There are three color coded trails, Red, Yellow, and Green. Red, hardest, Green easiest.

See more posts about the following trails: