Friday, August 1, 2008

Making the best of it!

I have been too busy to write since my last post. I had a good training week last week, starting with two 10-milers and ending with a 30 mile run that went quite well. The only problem was that I hadn't packed any food, so I ran the whole thing on some Performance drink, some coffee, and a couple Little Debbie snacks that I picked up at the gas station with the change in my pocket.

This week I knew I wouldn't have much time to run everyday, so I decided to rest several days and then try to run two back-to-back 20 milers. I will run one a little later this evening and one tomorrow nightif all goes well. I'll let you know what happens.

Even though this will total only 40 miles for the whole week, I think it will be very good training. Getting through the week on very little sleep will also help my prepare for the endurance needed for the 100-miler.

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: