Monday, September 15, 2008

Hanging in There

Training is still by no means what it should be. But the twenty-mile runs are being run more consistently and getting easier. I wish I was running more thirty-milers. i have only ran one thirty-miler and it was three months ago. I am averaging about 25-30 miles per week with my twenty-mile long runs (which means typically besides a twenty-miler I will get one ten-miler or two five-milers--besides that, just lots of rest for my legs). Not the typical ultramarathoners training plan, but I guess its working. We shall see!

I am at the gym about every day (I clean it so I don't have a choice) so I do get in some weight training and a little boxing or some other cardio pretty regularly. Still, I am hoping to get in a 30-40 miler and a 50 before the race, but I am not sure how that is going to happen so close to the race.

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: