Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holidays are over!!!

After undoing on Thanksgiving break what I had worked so hard for the two previous weeks to accomplish (losing 5 pounds), I decided to get smarter. Before Christmas break, I worked hard to lose about 10 pounds. That way, when I gain the inevitable 5 pounds. I will still be 5 pounds ahead to start the new year. Makes sense right?

Well, it appears I gained 10 pounds over Christmas break because I am still back where I started. The good news is that the holidays are over and I am ready to get back to the serious training and dieting that is sure to get the weight off and keep it off.

Starting January 1, I am giving up all the bad sugar, bad fat, and unnecessary carbs. Then I will work over the next couple months to increase total weekly mileage from 20 miles per week to about 40 miles per week before going back to speed training.

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: