Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 1-7 Review

Weekly challenge from scripture:

(Monday, September 1, 2014)

Currently, the virtual "run across Kansas" is going well.  This is really going to be a fun challenge.  I'll blog about it here from time to time, but if you want to follow my progress, you can go to my new Facebook page at  https://www.facebook.com/prairiesteps.  I'll be posting all my updates more regularly there.  For this post, however, I want to post last week's miles (as posted on DailyMile):

 
Sunday, Sept. 7        
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5.26 miles.Night run. Cool temp. Felt strong. Under 10-minute miles.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Friday,
Sept. 5
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6.24 miles Decided to play a game:14min mile, then 13, 12 and so on, finishing with a 9. Had lots if energy, finished strong.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thursday, Sept. 4
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6.24 miles First time in a while I felt good the whole run. You would think I would have ran faster, but I guess I was afraid things were going to get worse. Anyway, at the end, I was still able to run faster without any soreness, stomach problems, or breathing issues; so I picked it up a little and even did a few sprints.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wednesday, Sept. 3 
 

 
 
 
 
 
4 miles. Well, didn't go as planned! I made black-eyed pea soup and ate it with tomatoes and tortillas right before I went running. My stomach didn't take to well to running on a full stomach this time (sometimes I can manage...it's good training for ultras, really). A combination of that and the high heat and humidity...and poor sleep last night...made for a rough run. I won't even say how slow I went :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tuesday, Sept. 2 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4 miles. Didn't put my legs to the test like I wanted to (planned on doing 10-15), but my legs felt fine. Third mile was under 9 minutes, the others were considerably slower.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monday, Sept. 1 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
16.43 miles. Weather was very nice after storms this morning. Took it pretty slow and steady, hoping to have my legs fresh enough tomorrow for another 15
 
 
 
 

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: