Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Update on Coloring Book Project - Weeks 1-5

 
So, here is where I am so far.  It has been quite a challenge to go from years of doodling on scrap paper (doodles that I would throw away after finishing) to producing artwork that I am scanning into the computer and trying to get formatted for publication.  It has been quite an experience already, and I'm only half way done.
 
I'm thrilled to have many complements on my artwork, it certainly helps motivate me to keep going...but there is a huge difference in people admiring my work and people being willing to purchase a book of digital prints of my work.  I feel like I'm annoying people with all my posts of my works in progress, but I feel like it is the most effective way to raise awareness of my work for future sales?  That is truly going to be the most difficult part of this project...marketing!  I'm up for some suggestions in this area!
 
I have made a few pdf files available for download at  https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieSteps, and will be adding more work in the upcoming weeks.  Currently, each file is $1.75  (buyer will be able to print as many copies as they wish of that purchased file).  This obviously isn't intended to bring in a lot of profits, but I'm hoping it will help to promote the work, and perhaps it can be better appreciated in a tangible form.
 
I am also happy to send people a free file of certain pieces if they will color them and share on social media to help me promote the work.  Let me know if you are interested.
 
Thanks again for those who have been following this project, and for all the kind words.
 

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: