Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Couple days in Kansas




Monday and Tuesday I was in Kansas to attend a Kansas Baptist Fellowship Meeting that New Life Baptist Church (the church my dad pastors)was hosting. I took my 9 year old, Zachary. The time spent with my son was, of course, a real blessing.

I enjoyed Mom, too, and her cooking as usual. And I got to spend time with my sister whom I rarely get to see. Yes, I even enjoyed visiting with my in-laws whom I also love dearly.

Of course, raising a significant amount of money to go toward the missions trip I am taking in November was awesome!--it was after all the purpose of the trip.

But, I have to say, the highlight for me was running four miles with my dad. I haven't been running much and neither has he, but the run was almost effortless as we chatted and enjoyed the typically beautiful, panoramic, Kansas scenery.

We ran up to a baby calf that was on the road (she had gotten out of the fence, but returned quickly when she saw us running up to her). We were nearly attacked by a guard dog. And of course there were llamas (not something you run pass everyday--actually there are some llamas right down the street from me in Oklahoma City...but those are city llamas!).

Anyway, it was good to run again. And it was good to raise some money and all that. But running with Dad was what really made the trip worth it to me. We shall do it again sometime, hopefully soon!

Now I am glad to get back to my wife and kids and back into the swing of things.

Thanks for taking the time to read what probably wasn't very important to you. I tell you what! You tell me what's going on with you and I promise to read yours too--Rocky

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: