Thursday, September 3, 2009

fundraiser for mission trip

This is an attempt to raise money for a mission trip to Guinea Bissau. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose...ha ha.

Okay, the plans are still in the beginning stages, but I think it is doable. In a meeting about the 2009 Stillwater Men's Advance, I asked about the 5k. "Are they not having it this year or what?" And someone jokingly said, "Why don't you just run there?" knowing my borderline obsession with running.

As you can imagine, this is something I have already thought about before, but now there was a challenge. So I mapped it out. I can run about 70 miles if I go up Coletrane Rd. It's a nice hilly road I have been on before for a segment or two.

I would like to leave my house about midnight on October 9, in order to get there by Friday evening services at the Men's Advance (I will have to work out the details for taking a shower, having my clothes waiting for me, and all that).

Here is the question. Despite the absurdity and the completely unorthodox method of raising funds for a missions trip, is there anyone that would be willing to contribute either monetarily ($1 per mile, $0.10 per mile...anything?) or physically?...Mentally is another matter...
Rocky

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: