Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Energy

This morning I began my day with what has become the norm--it's nice to be falling into a good routine: I Wake up, drink some water, do a little warm-up workout; including stretches, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, etc.; drink some coffee while reading my Bible a while before going for a run...let's stop there. No, I'm not going to get into how important the Bible reading is on this blog as it is a blog primarily about running, but what I do want to talk about is the "coffee" part.

I am curious how many runners drink coffee. It definitely perks up my runs and gives me good mental focus. But it also gives me indigestion and I think the acidic properties pay a toll on the body. This is why I was excited to find a notice from Shaklee in my e-mail about a new product they are simply calling Energy. I still know very little about it, but Shaklee has a history and track record I can trust.

Now, I know this sounds solely like a plug. Let me point out that I am hardly even a distributor at this point, just a consumer. I personally have a hard time with Shaklee's prices. I love their products, but it is hard to sell the prices--I guess you get what you pay for. But if anyone is interested in ordering through me (I plan on trying them myself), I can get a good deal and am willing to give my fellow runners a good deal as well.

I'll keep you posted,
Rocky

2 comments:

Reese said...

I drink coffee, but it doesn't bother me. I get an energy boost, and it helps me get moving (bathroom wise). I only drink it on the weekend though, which I think helps retain the "speed" effects. I might be interested in energy, I'll let you know.

Rocky said...

Yeah, It goes right through me too. And I agree with what you say about the weekends. I have found if I limit my usage, it is more effective when I do use it.

See more posts about the following trails: