Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again?!

Figuratively speaking, of course, because although it has been suggested many times that I take up biking for awhile, I just can't bring myself to it. There is no way it can be as gratifying as the experience of being not only in the midst of nature but feeling a part of it every time a foot hits the trail. I will probably never attempt to race again. Even if I sign up for one, it will be ONLY to complete a course and not to beat anyone. And I don't think there will be ANY pavement running when ice is involved!!!

Every step now has to be ever so careful, and occasionally it hurts pretty good. Any attempt to jog has been very brief, slow,and easy. However, I am going to start a regimen starting Monday of hitting the trail 5-6 times a week for as long as I can stand at a VERY easy pace (even if I have to walk the whole thing).

I am praying for strength and wisdom. I know God allowed me to break my leg so severely for a purpose, and I know He wants me to learn something through this experience. I have very willingly vowed to give up running/hiking for good if it be His will, but so far I don't see that it is, only that I put Him first in everything and to trust His power and might to get me through.

Thanks for the prayers and kind words, and stay tuned for some occasional posts about my progress.

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: