Monday, August 8, 2011

Little is Much

Last weeks "workouts" looked something like this:

8/1) (AM) 1 hr. hike with occasional jog.
light pain in leg after jogging, but fine during walking.
Estimate: 3 miles

8/3) (AM) 1 1/2 hr. hike with occasional jog.
Leg/Ankle was really bothering me by the time I got back to the car.
Estimate: 5 miles

8/6) (AM) 2 hrs. hiked at a good consistant pace. No jogging.
Leg/Ankle felt bad from the beginning (perhaps change in weather) and I limped a lot.
Estimate: 7 miles


Estimate for week: 15 miles (about 4.5 hrs)


So what that I used to be able to run 15 miles for breakfast and be itching to do it again by dinner time! I am happy I can still walk, and hopefully I will never take my legs for granted again. I even got some jogging in there (not much), so I am grateful.

What I can't figure out is, am I going to have bad days every time it rains? I heard a lot of people say, "You are going to know it when rain is coming." I'm beginning to think they are right.

Anyway, I will try again tomorrow. Looking forward to being out there 2-3 hours a day. God is in control, and this ultramarathon thing has been a constant illustration of life in general: sometimes you are knocked down and have to come back in "baby steps" but the important thing is to pick yourself up and get back to work!

No comments:

See more posts about the following trails: