Monday, March 9, 2009

A Few Days Off



A week ago Saturday I played football with the guys in my Sunday School class. It was a good turn out and everything went well. Of course, as always, there were a few minor injuries, including mine. It didn't show up until sometime on Sunday. I could still run on it as long as I didn't jar it too hard, so on Monday I ran 2 miles with a running partner at about 9.2 minute/mile pace on a relatively flat trail. I felt good and the leg felt fine. However, in the following days, a spot in the middle went numb and the leg started to swell. Since I had a busy week ahead of me anyway, I just decided to give it some rest--just in case running might making it worse.

Right now there is a little bit of a shooting pain when I step (I think maybe the numbness is going away) but I think I can still jog some. This weekend is the fundraiser at the Bible College, and I don't see any reason I should cancel, but I may end up going for three hours and doing a lot more walking than running--we'll just see how the week goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez!!! Take care of that!

Rocky said...

Thanks. It's actually just about gone. I've been doing hot, hot baths and then ice (there may have been a clot or something as it seemed to have been getting worse). The other day I went to a gym and did hot tub and then swim for a while, then back to hot tub. In one week time I went from its worst to just about all gone.

See more posts about the following trails: